Friday, April 3, 2020

The Drool for April 3, 2020

Hello fellow house bound inmates. The world is not as lonely knowing everyone is self isolating at home.   These are crazy times were are living in.

My days are a mixture of sleeping/conserving energy, eating (to give me energy), bathing, dressing, etc.   Simple things have become more of an effort as this disease try’s to consume me.  The transfusion yesterday helped in the energy department.     But I tire easily and have to rest frequently.  

I am not in pain.  I do have discomfort that is present always, sometimes bad,  but it is manageable with the medication.    I am sleeping well through the night now and Pat (bless his heart) says I look good.   I just wish I felt like strutting this body that has dropped 12 lbs!oo

I have been hearing from people I haven’t heard from in years, and it is wonderful.  It reminds me of what a full and wonderful life I have had.   And how blessed I have been.

I am doing something I’ve intended to do for awhile, but never get around to it.   I am making a donation to the Chemainus cat rescue (spay, neuter and release) program.  They feed the strays at the hospital a couple of doors down. Their cover photo on their Facebook page is a feral cat that I used to feed when we were here, who we called Miss Kitty.   My own Simon Cougar was a feral cat originally born in this feral community.

Speaking of Simon, he has been lying by my side for hours and days since we got home.   As soon as I move to the bedroom, here he is, keeping me company.    I have a hospital bed beside our bed, and he is now in my spot beside me.   He is a special kitty.  

I did what I wasn’t supposed to today, trimmed my hair.   Good thing it’s curly and forgiving!   I checked my social agenda, and apparently there isn’t too much in the future I need worry about my looks for!

Today is sunny and cool, but warming up by Monday.   I want to get more deck time in the sunshine!

One of my dad’s funnier jokes:   Everyone who knew my dad knew he was deaf (same as me).  Back in the mid-nineties, when dad was recently fitted with newer, better hearing aids he told me that when he saw his audiolist he mentioned to her he was worried about my MOMs hearing.   The Audiolist told dad to perform a simple at home hearing test and report the results  back to her.    He told dad to stand about 25 feet from mom, and in a normal voice, ask her a question.  If no response, move 5 feet closer and try again.    Report back to her how far away he was when mom responded.  
While mom was in the kitchen preparing dinner, dad stood at the bedroom doorway, and in a normal voice asked “Marlyn, what’s for dinner?   No response, so dad walked into the Livingroom, and again asked, “Marlyn, what’s for dinner?”   No response.   Dad moved up to the dining room and asked again, still no response.  Dad moved into the kitchen behind mom who was standing at the sink and again asked, “Marlyn, what’s for dinner?”

“Jack, for the fifth time, I said chicken!!”    🤪.   Have a great night my friends.








1 comment:

  1. Bah ha ha, what a great story GF! Living with a hearing challenged person, I especially loved it. Happy to hear your voice again. David and I send all three of you much love and big hugs. Have a wonderful day of sunshine and peace.

    ReplyDelete