Monday, March 30, 2020

The Daily Drool for March 30, 2020

I think I missed a day or two.  My apologies.   Days seem to become blurred.   Energy levels trying to find ground to rest on.

I had a visit from my doctor today, first one since isolation at home.  It was good to see this doctor.   He isn’t my regular doctor, but standing in for doctor G.   He is the same doctor that admitted me for my heart attack in 2018, and I quite liked him.  He’s got a great and caring bedside manner.   And here he is again.  Pat says his name is Dr. Human   I like to think I’ve called in the top dog for this job, and because he was my doctor throughout my hospitalization during my heart attack, he feels like an old friend.

The world is on standby over this pandemic.  And it needs to be.   It is silent, can be deadly and knows no restrictions.  It doesn’t care if you are white, brown, black, purple or orange, doesn’t care if you are rich or pour, educated or illiterate, young or old.  Please stay home and help save lives.     Make art with your kids. Play a  game night.   Learn to laugh and appreciate each other.  Read.  Write. FaceTime happy hour with a friend.  

The flight restrictions aren’t likely going to lift soon, and that means a lot of people who wanted to be here with me cannot, my daughters especially.   My sister.   We will video call   We will chat.  We will text.  Know I carry each of you in my heart.   I am proud of you both for doing the right thing.

So, not too funny tonight so it calls for a dumb joke to lighten the mood.

A duck waddles into a feed store,  and demandingly quacks a couple of times at the shopkeeper.  “What do you want duck?   Gettouta here”.   The duck persists quacking at the shopkeeper, and says, “quack!  Got any duck food?

“What! No!  We don’t sell duck food!  Said the angry shopkeeper.  “Now get outta here you mangy old duck. If you don’t get out of here, I’m going to nail both those webbed feet to the floor!”  And he tossed the duck into the street.

The duck pulled himself together and waddled back into the feed store.  “Quack! Got any nails? He asked the shopkeeper.   “No, ah, said the shopkeeper.   “Good!” Said the duck.  “Got any duck food?

Groaner 😜
At least it wasn’t the bear joke.  😆








2 comments:

  1. Love the joke! Deb, made your amazing mushrooms yesterday! When you made them they were the best I ever tasted, and still never perfected it the same! Kinda reminisced the other day with Jack about the Altamont orchestra annual gathering! Fun nights! Have a good day💕

    ReplyDelete