Friday, March 27, 2020

A nugget for David and Elizabeth and all!

A big piece of my heart and my life experience belongs to two of my most favorite people; David and Elizabeth Hunter.   On April Fool’s Day, 1986 I opened a business called Lombard Business Centre in downtown Winnipeg.  It would put me on a 7 year plus journey of entrepreneurial terror, successes and failures;  life and love lessons, a rogues gallery of characters that string together on this common thread that is the business centre).  It would bring people into my world like a rare ornament (Ann Gaskin)   and it would witness life do its regular tossabout on those people near and dear to me.  
I opened  my doors for business April 1st, and a few days later I had my  first success: I signed David Hunter, Western Regional Sales Manager, Provincial Papers, Abitibi Price to an office lease at my centre,    and in doing so,  I had signed “my oldest living client”, Mr. Hunter, Shiny Paper Salesman, ; the “Cuban” – “Chew gotcha take yourself down a notch or two my friend, you’re strung waaaaaayyyyyyyy tooooo tight”!  
I had just met one of my  lifetime friends, the friend I consider my bother, David. 
  
And,  then, along comes Elizabeth!  
An extra!  A bonus!  A Surprise!   A trusted friend.  A partner in crime.  A confident.     Miss Vermont.  A twisted sister.  The face of friendship through tears on my heartbreak.  You have given me so much strength, I thank you.

So post some stories.  One way is to email the story to my daughter Ryann at ryann.mccorkell@gmail.com and she will post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment