Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The Daily Drool For March 24, 2020

Everything you thought you’d like to know about my day, but really don’t want to know.

I’m calling this “The Daily Drool” because it can be taken both literally and, well, figuratively.   I am already aware that the changing drug combo in my body seems to bring out quite charming aspects of my personality.   The filter is gone.  The world is healing itself from us because we are killing her.   And a steady stream of pretty lame jokes, but in there hopefully, a couple of keepers.   Oh look.... a bird.      I have a post-it note on my computer, don’t rant and call, lol.   Hoping I don’t rant and write.  

A quick story.    When I was still living at home, aged 18 and working with my father at Manitoba Hydro, I was a typical teenager who couldn’t wake up easily.   Didn’t do mornings well for years.   Mom would call me to get up around 6:30.   I would sit on the edge of the bed for 15 minutes, eyes closed, until mom would call again.  I would then draw myself a warm bath and proceed to sleep in the tub until dad would wrap on the door and say ride leaving in 15 minutes.   I’d then move quickly, dressed and in the passenger seat, waiting to fall asleep with drool running down the windows.  Dad used to joke “it was like transporting a corpse!”

I have been here, at home, since last Friday when I was released from Royal Jubilee in Victoria.   We were so grateful to be here.  Patrick had opened up the decks (I know how much work that was), and had flowers and thoughtful surprises everywhere for me.   He set me up on chairs on the front deck in the sun and I let the suns ray heal me.  

We both then collapsed around 4 pm for a nap.   Four hours later we awoke!  It was exactly like we had fallen down over a finish line to get home!

The next couple of days were about trying to get this beat up mess of what used to be my body into a healthier pattern of sleep, eating and other personal unmentionables.     Learning to deal with the pain, to get comfortable.  Learning to deal with new medications.      It’s an ever changing balance right now.

I’ve added another post-it, “Make good use of lucid time”.

My focus has been on getting my affairs in order.    I have legal issues to get in order, but even a dying woman can’t get into her safety deposit box until, check back Friday” lol.    Life lesson here, it’s never about you!  😘


1 comment:

  1. looking good Deb. So good I want to come and sit on your deck with you.Thinking about all the wonderful memories that we have of curling in Gimli and Bocce ball at Ev's. As always you were the last to arrive carrying your clothes in your garbage bag and then graduating to your laundry basket!! But always smiles, laughs and the best teasing we ever had. Will always bring a smile to me. Miss our get togethers and love ya forever.

    ReplyDelete