Monday, March 23, 2020

How Am I?


I am at peace with this.  I am not afraid.  I have led a full life.  Ups and downs, tears and laughter.  I lived it with passion.  I always tried to do the best I knew how to do, under the circumstances.  

I have made many mistakes, and hurt people I didn’t mean to hurt.  I own my life, including my successes and failures.   In the end we are the total of our life's experience.  Learn from your mistakes or get the lesson again.....  

I used to say life is like riding a roller coaster, sometimes you are laughing and going up hill, holding on for lfe, smiling for joy and enjoying the ride, only to find yourself screaming in a minute, plummeting to the ground in a fit of terror.  But what a ride!  If you don't experience pain, you cannot appreciate joy.

I have had a retirement that only people could only dream of.  Found a man who loves me the way I always wanted to be loved, had many adventures, we basically traveled throughout the last 8 years.  I got to Ireland twice to meet a new Irish family that I love.   Thailand.  Baja.  Greece with two lifetime friends and their partners just last September!   Too much to mention here.  Wow  

The world is troubled now.  Look for laughter.  Look for kindness.  Look for humanity.  It's there and if you pay attention to it, and it will grow.  

1 comment:

  1. GM again!
    Great Metaphor Deb....can see you on that contrasting roller coaster....Enjoy your moments!
    Love bumps always
    Diane

    ReplyDelete